Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Taking Inspiration From Mr Madila

When developing my animation, Oscar advised me that in order to use animation to its full advantage, I should add surreal elements so that the animation evokes more emotion. I looked to the animated short Mr Madila for inspiration on how to accomplish this. In the short Mr Madila is being interviewed by the animator. Mr Madila is very eccentric, this is highlighted through the use of exaggeration, one minute he's normal size, then the next when he's increasing the volume of his head, his body will grow dramatically in size. This has the excellent effect of taking the viewer through the mad surreal experience the animator is going through. Furthermore, surreal visuals are incorporated very successfully. Mr Madila might describe a very odd spiritual experience, then we the viewer can not just enjoy this experience through Mr Madila describing it to us but also through the visuals. This short has definitely inspired me with my own animation.


No comments:

Post a Comment