Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Applying the Acting of Jack Nicholson to My Practical

The scene I spoke of previous does an incredible job at demonstrating how Jack Nicholson can expertly act through his face. The man can say more with his eyebrows than I feel most actors can with their mouths. This is a hugely intimidating, yet exciting task to undertake, of trying to enhance on his performance through animation. In order to do this I needed to capture his visual aesthetic so, even though animated, he is instantly recognisable.












Using much reference material I started drawing the man himself in my sketchbook, before refining my drawings of him down into more simplified caricatures.





It was very important to capture the essence of his performance in my animation. Yes, the design of his character could look simplistic, but his movements needed to be realistic and like his character is in the movie, it needed to capture the personality of the character and the actor.

No comments:

Post a Comment