Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Taking Inspiration From Aladdin and Understanding How to Animate Robin Williams


Now I am not the first person to attempt animating Robin Williams. I discuss this to a further extent in my essay but of course Disney animators took on the comedian with animating his voice acting for the character of the Genie from Aladdin. I didn't look too closely at this film, namely because I knew how perfect this was an example of how animation can aid a performance such as Robin Williams therefore knew too much investigation would lead to me almost trying to replicate that animation. In that film Williams improvised many hours of comedic dialogue in the sound booth. This gave the animators the exciting task of animating his many riffs. Williams supplied the descriptions, then it was up to the animators to communicate these descriptions to an audience visually.

No comments:

Post a Comment