Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Animating Robin Williams Part 2

Upon showcasing to my peers the animation I had created so far, I received positive feedback. Although at the stage I was at, the animation was looking rather limited. It moved from keyframe to keyframe easily enough but there was not enough flow of movement. The footage was looking too static and robotic. Furthermore I was also advised that I was not including enough secondary movement. For example I needed to add little movements that will aid in Robin Williams' performance. As I've stated in my essay, sometimes an eyebrow movement can be as effective as a jump up onto a table, the little movements need just as much attention as the big movements. 



I knew I wanted to use reference for all of Williams' keyframes. But even though there is a lot of Robin Williams content out there, I knew I wasn't going to find every facial expression I wanted to animate pulled by him, even though the man had a very expressive face. Therefore sometimes I would need to use the people around me for reference.





The above facial expression is pretty close to the one I wanted to use in a shot in the animation, but not quite. That is when Eleanor posed for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment