Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Hitting a wall

Unfortunately, it soon became evident for me after receiving feedback on my practical that my animated version of a scene from One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest idea was not going to work. After presenting my idea thus far, the feedback I received criticised my choice to animate a scene with the movie as reference. It was pointed out to me that what I was attempting to do was basically rotoscope the scene, and therefore would not really be answering the question that I had set out to ask of How Does Animation Evoke Emotion? The fact that the characters already existed in a visual form meant that by using animation, I was not really going to be adding much to what was already there.

It was recommended to me that I should instead consider using the original book as reference, finding the scene I wanted to animate and animate my interpretations of the character from the book. But while I acknowledged this was probably going to be my best option, I had begun to feel fatigued with where the project was going. I felt that by this point it had drifted so far from my original aim that I decided to therefore abandon the idea altogether and start afresh. I knew that this was a risky move being already quite far into the time I had to work on my practical, but i felt it was better to start fresh with a clear aim than carry on in a way that is almost like forcing a jigsaw puzzle piece to fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment