Wednesday 11 January 2017

COP 3: Demonstrating I Understand How to Evoke Emotion Through Animation With a Second Practical

I feel I had demonstrated well how animation can be used to evoke emotion through animation in a very literal sense. If Robin Williams laughs in the audio, I animated him laughing and exaggerated this by having him lean further back with his head more titled, if he suddenly shouted, I would have him jump into a different pose. It was all exaggerated successfully but all in a literal sense, which is fine because the focus of my practical is more specific to how animation evokes emotion with performance. But I felt like I needed to show that I have an understanding of how animation can evoke animation in other ways outside of performance.

I was advised to make another practical that focussed on how another element of animation can be used to evoke emotion. In a second practical I decided to focus on how animation evokes emotion through the use of colour and expression. There would be no characters in this animation, nor any objects. It would be entirely surreal. For example if Robin Williams shouts with a hint of anger in his voice or makes a bold statement I would represent this visually with a giant red square that dominates the shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment